Friday, September 4, 2015

Knowing when to say NO


Whether you have to say it to your kids when they ask to stay up just five minutes longer or if you have to say it yourself, as you're reaching for that second helping of dinner . . .  some of us have a very hard time saying no. 

When it comes to exercise it's easy to get caught up in making excuses as to why we should or should not work out. It's too hot out; I'm tired from running the kids back and forth to practice all day; my workout clothes are in the wash . . . . there's always a reason NOT to do it. 

But when you do finally make up your mind to commit to your workout, the decision process is still not over. For me personally, having Lyme disease makes working out very tough. Not only am I exhausted most of the time, but I constantly have to find that fine balance of exercising to get my heart beat up - but not over exerting myself to the point of a relapse. 

It's been a bizarre week with new symptoms and challenges to overcome, however as usual Dr. Molly and the team at Cherry Hill Clinic have come to my rescue. Aside from my Lyme juice IV drip, I also received a "special" treatment for the vertigo I've been experiencing. I won't go into details, but feel free to call and inquire about this home remedy -- that actually worked very well!


I got dressed this morning, with my workout shoes on and workout clothes under my CHHRC staff shirt. I had high expectations for a great workout during lunch. At 12:00 noon on the dot, I filed into the studio for my Group Power class. I started to set up my station with the step, weight bar and weights and quickly realized that once again, I'd have to tell myself no. 

The fitness floors are being resurfaced at 'the club' and the chemicals used for this process can have an affect on those that have asthma/allergy sensitivity. I've been here for this resurfacing process since I first started back in July of 2004 and I've never had any issues with the smell. But today was different. I started to get a tightness in my chest, a sore throat and sharp pain shooting up my neck. I knew I had to leave. 

I walked up to Stacy, one of our awesome Group Power instructors and quickly explained my situation. She was very compassionate and understood my situation. I walked back to my office discouraged, but knew it was something I had to do. 

As life gets back into full swing this week, remind yourself that it's okay to say no sometimes. In fact, sometimes it's the best thing for you. But if you're feeling froggy this weekend and need to burn off those extra holiday bbq calories, then come right in! Although we have a revised holiday schedule, 'the club' is never closed! 365 days a year, we are here to say YES to you!


REVISED SCHEDULE:

Labor Day 
Club Hours
Weekend Club Hours
Friday, 09/04 5:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, 09/05 7:00am-3:00pm
Sunday, 09/06 7:00am-3:00pm

Labor Day Club Hours
8:00am – 1:00pm
Fun Zone and Café Closed

Modified Group Exercise Schedule 
due to Studio A floor Resurfacing

Labor Day Weekend GE Schedule 

Sunday 9/6 
7:30am Spin w/Judy 
9:00am Yin w/Anne 
9:00am Group Kick w/Leslee 
10:00am Cardio Fusion w/Verna 
11:00am Joya Yoga w/Jo-Anna 

Monday 9/7 LABOR DAY 
9:30am Spin w/Keli 
9:30am Joya Yoga w/Jo-Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment