Friday, July 10, 2015

Are you uneven?



This week, I found out that my hips were uneven, my back was out of alignment and that I've never really worked on the BACK side of my body! I guess I've always focused on what I see in the mirror . . . my abs, my thighs, my arms - I thought I had done back and legs workouts before, but it wasn't until I worked with Liz earlier this week, that I realized I had never truly "engaged" those muscles before!

I felt a new sore this week, that I have NEVER felt. I have a weak lower back from an old gymnastics injury that I have just dealt with over the years. Even at my fittest/healthiest, I would still have to take breaks, while the family walked ahead of me down the boardwalk, because of the pain in my lower back.

I never realized how many different things attributed to this pain. After one back/legs workout with Liz, I started to feel those muscles strengthening and I felt a different pain in my back. Sure, I've had shooting pain up and down my back, achy lower back pain and even back labor - but I had never felt GOOD back pain! It was a beautiful thing. I guess 40 years late is better than never. 

I also never realized how important breathing is during your workout. I always thought it was just so you wouldn't pass out. I never realized how much it helps you to do the exercises CORRECTLY! Moves that seemed totally foreign to me, somehow became much more natural as I started to breathe the right way.

Take away points for today:
Slow down. Breath. And take a moment to weigh your life . . .  Are you uneven? Do you spend all of your time working, cleaning, doing yard work, taking care of others, studying? We all need to learn how to distribute our time evenly and dedicate more time on our health and fitness and less on that ever growing "To Do" list.

Start now, by taking advantage of CHHRC's FREE 21 Day Pass! Click here for details. Get even with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment